Sunday, April 10, 2016

Halloween Hisser



The Dixie Reptile show was today! http://www.dixiereptileshow.com/

It seemed a bit smaller this time. There were fewer vendors.

A long time ago I had Madagascar Hissers but just after they all had babies they managed to escape. My wife was unhappy to say the least. After much convincing and giving her time to forget her anger she let me get these Halloween Hissers (Elliptorhina javanica). They are about the same as Madagascar but they are smaller and more colorful.

After getting these I did some reading and found out about isopod (Roly Poly) breeding. Turns out that people use these little guys to keep their cages clean for the tarantulas. They are also colorful and have many different varieties. I hope to get into this after the first round babies from the Halloween Hissors.

No comments:

Post a Comment