Sunday, January 29, 2017

POE - HWoA Ranger




I had taken a break for a day or two after the Freezing Pulse Totem and then I saw this build guide:


Ziggy said the Shaper would be a push over with this build... well I disagree.

I put well over 800 chaos worth into the gear.

Got my armor for 310 chaos:


Got a steal on this helm for like 30 chaos:


It felt like an expensive build...
150 chaos for the Astramentis
140 chaos for the Vessel of Vinktar with the lightning penetration
130 chaos for level 21 Added Lightning Damage Support

I finally got someone to give me the last uber trial and managed solo the uber lab at level 88.
At that point I was pretty geared up. I had tried 7 times to beat it at level 80 with lesser gear... It would have been nice to get a ride.

This brings me to my two suggestions that would make POE a better game IMHO.
1. Add prophecies for each of the uber lab trials. I had played through over 200 maps and still had to go to the global 820 channel to depend on the generosity of someone else. The prophecy should be like "The next uber lab trial you will encounter will be xxx."

2.It takes sooo much walking to level. My suggestion! Allow users to buy undiscovered waypoints for in game currency. Like for 1 alchemy orb each or something. Some price that would be to much to pay the first time around but easy to pay when leveling the second or third character of the season.

The Shaper! On the 5th! Time! I beat it!!!


The Shaper is a complicated and long fight. Even after watching several videos it took 4 fails before I succeeded. I felt accomplished and satisfied. It wasn't easy! No matter how much HP or ES you got there are a ton of 1 shot kills to watch out for. I ended with 10k ES. I even had two portals left after my victory!



I completed 122 of the 126 maps. The few remaining maps do not seem worth trading for.
I tried the Hall of the Grandmasters a few times but.. I hate that map.

All in all I felt like HWoA is balanced and I hope they don't nerf it to hard.

Final passive skill tree:


Total play time = 3 days 2 hours
Death count      = 570


No comments:

Post a Comment