Friday, February 23, 2018

Blade Runner - 90%



It was interesting watching this back to back with the new Blade Runner 2049.
The fit together very well.

I am sure I missed a lot but here are my impressions:
In one sense the whole story is about memories... According to them, memories define us, and give us our foundation.. The specialness of Rachael was that she had memories and that somehow that she fit perfectly with Harrison Ford to make her pregnant. But, I found it odd, in the second movie,  most all the robots have memories but still Rachael was the only one that ever got pregnant...

The relationship between Rachael and Harrison seemed a bit forced, their main scene seemed borderline rape to me.

Never did understand much how the origami guy fit in... He was there the whole movie.

Harrison seemed weak and sloppy in the fight scenes.

Overall I know it was a head of its time and that is something hard to appreciate now but it did age well. I enjoyed it good enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment